GP points are awarded according to the tournament section in which a player has played.
The multiplier used is different for each section.
Main Grand Prix
Multiplier for GP Section contested
|U10||x 4||x 2||-||-|
|U11||x 4.5||x 3||-||-|
|U12||x 5||x 4||x 2.5||-|
|U14||x 5||x 4||x 2.5||-|
|U18 Minor||x 5||x 3||x 2.5||x 3|
|U18 Open||x 6||x 5.5||x 4.5||x 5|
|Basildon Open||x 7||x 6.5||x 5.5||x 6|
U11 Girls' Grand Prix
|Section entered||GP Section Multiplier|
|U18 Minor||x 4.5|
|U18 Open||x 6.5|
|Basildon Open||x 7.5|
Tie Breaks - for use in all sections
The first tie break criterion in GP events is the sum of progressive scores. The second criterion is head to head.
In the case where there are more than 2 tied players, then a system of plus and minus scores is used to determine order. For example:
Player A, B and C all score 5 points. Only Player A and Player B have played each other and in that game Player A won. The scoring
is Player A +1 for winning, Player B -1 for a loss and Player C 0 for having no game. The medals would be distributed as follows :-
Gold - Player A
Silver - Player C
Bronze - Player B
If that fails to split the players, then the place will be shared.
Other GP Rules
- The player with the highest points total in the U9 Grand Prix will be awarded the title of Essex U9 Champion
- The player with the highest points total in the U11 Grand Prix will be awarded the title of Essex U11 Champion
- The Girl with the highest points total in the Girls U11 Grand Prix will be awarded the title of Essex Girls U11 Champion
- The player with the highest points total in the U14 Grand Prix will be awarded the title of Essex U14 Champion
- There will be one extra prize for every six entrants who have played in a minimum of two GP events
- For the Grand Prix the best 3 scores will count towards the total
- Players can only score GP points for their own GP age section but there is no restriction on entering older age sections within a tournament
- In the unlikely event that age sections are merged then GP Points will be adjusted accordingly.
- In the event of a tie in one of the prize-wining positions, the tie-break will be the sum of the 2 best scores, followed by the best score
- The Manager of the Grand Prix will decide any matter not covered above.